Feeling the holiday spirit this year? Want to win $500 for your magical, awesome original punch recipe? Today is the last day to enter Rumdood.com and Malo Cantina's 'Twas the Punch Before Christmas live contest, sponsored by Kraken Black Spiced Rum.
If you have a recipe to enter, you must email it to contests [at] rumdood [dot] com or rhachel [at] sbcglobal [dot] net by midnight tonight. All submissions need to comply with the rules listed below:
- Punches must be original recipes containing citrus, spice, spirits, sugar, and some sort of “weak.” I know, basic punchology 101 stuff. A quick note: even though Rumdood and Kraken Rum are sponsoring the shindig your punch does NOT need to include rum. Use tequila, whiskey, gin, mezcal, sherry…go wild!
- Punch recipes must be submitted by 11:59:59 PM on November 30, 2009. Recipes should be submitted to either contests [at] rumdood [dot] com or rhachel [at] sbcglobal [dot] net.
- Contestants or a representative must be able to attend a live competition at Malo Cantina on the evening of December 10th. If you cannot attend, you can have a friend or colleague represent you at the event, but someone has to be there to serve your punch.
- The top six submitted punch recipes will be selected by Rhachel Shaw of Malo (a member of LUPEC LA) and Matt Robold of Rumdood.com to participate in the live punch party/contest at Malo on December 10, 2009. Malo will provide punch bowls, ice, and any ingredients needed other than homemade ingredients and rare liqueurs (though they will work with you on those to the best of their ability).
- Contestants will be competing for the prizes of “Most Popular Punch” – voted on by all attendees – as well as “Judges’ Favorite” – voted on by a panel of judges including Rumdood and other cocktail writers, local bartenders and cocktail celebrities.
- The winner of the “Most Popular Punch” will be awarded $150.
- The winner of the “Judges’ Favorite Punch” will be awarded $500.
- Punches will be judged on taste, originality, and presentation.
Time is running out, so make some punch or buy a ticket to support your local bartenders, cocktail nerds, cocktail establishments and, of course, the Ladies of LUPEC Los Angeles!
(aka Marleigh from SLOSHED!)